This is an old revision of Kflickr
from 2006-08-06 20:35:10.
Welcome to the Kflickr Homepage
Kflickr is an easy to use photo uploader for flickr∞
written for KDE.
KIPI PLUGIN NOW AVAILABLE
KFlickr is now available as a KIPI∞
plugin. That's right you will now be able to upload your photos directly from digikam∞
and others using the same interface you have grown to love. So far photo title and description are supported. I am working on getting further support included but I am finding the KIPI API a bit limited. You can grab the software here∞
NOTE: If you are a kflickr user you will notice that your user settings are not available in kflickr when run as a KIPI plugin. Just run the the authorization with flickr.com and you will be all set.
KFlickr offers many features such as:
- Drag-n-drop from other applications (such as Konqueror and DigiKam∞)
- Easy editing of your photo properties (title, description, privacy, tags)
- Access to your Flickr.com list of tags
- Support for more than one user
- large Image preview
- support for the new flickr∞ authentication
- Batch editing of photos
- Proxy server support
- Support for JPG, PNG and (non-animated) GIF photo formats
- Photo rotate
- Photo resize before upload
- Konqueror Service menu
- Now a KPart (allows for future integration into other apps)
- Now supports DCOP (again allow for future integration into other apps)
- Unicode support
Check out the Shots
kflickr flickr group∞
kflickr on Freshmeat.net∞
Linux Magazine∞ "Managing photo on flickr.com with kflickr" (pdf)∞
Kflickr is still in beta but has had many successful releases and few known bugs. Currently it is known to be packaged for easy installation on many Linux distros including:
If you are getting an "Invalid Signature" message while authenticating a new user please upgrade to 0.6.
The kflickr documentation is available through the kde help system. You may also browse the documentation here∞
The Kflickr development pages can be found here∞
. Please also use this page for bug reports and feature requests.