Welcome to the Kflickr Homepage
Kflickr is an easy to use photo uploader for flickr∞
written for KDE.
Ubuntu PPA Created
You can now get kflickr via my Ubuntu PPA (Personal Package Archive). If you use Ubuntu making use of the PPA will allow you to stay up to date with any new releases without having to go out of your way. You also get the security in knowing what you are downloading and installing is signed with my GPG key thus removing the possibility of installing malicious software. To add the PPA visit http://launchpad.net/~asselsm/+archive/ppa∞
. If you haven't used any PPAs in the past instructions are linked from the page.
KFlickr offers many features such as:
- Drag-n-drop from other applications (such as Konqueror and DigiKam∞)
- Easy editing of your photo properties (title, description, privacy, tags)
- Access to your Flickr.com list of tags
- Support for more than one user
- large Image preview
- support for the new flickr∞ authentication
- Batch editing of photos (currently unavailable in the KDE4 release)
- Proxy server support
- Support for JPG, PNG and (non-animated) GIF photo formats
- Photo rotate
- Photo resize before upload
- Konqueror Service menu (not available in the KDE4 release)
- Now a KPart (allows for future integration into other apps) (currently unavailable in the KDE4 release)
- Now supports DCOP (again allow for future integration into other apps)
- Unicode support
Check out the Shots
kflickr flickr group∞
kflickr on Freshmeat.net∞
Linux Magazine∞ "Managing photo on flickr.com with kflickr" (pdf)∞
Linux.com∞Upload your photos in an instant with Kflickr∞
Random Musings∞Using Kflickr with Picasa on Linux∞
Kflickr is still in beta but has had many successful releases and few known bugs. Currently it is known to be packaged for easy installation on many Linux distros including:
If you are getting an "Invalid Signature" message while authenticating a new user please upgrade to 0.6.
The kflickr documentation is available through the kde help system. You may also browse the documentation here∞
The Kflickr development pages can be found here∞
. Please also use this page for bug reports and feature requests.